Feb 3, 2011

My First Post!

Hello out there! This is my first foray into the blogosphere and I’m kinda excited! I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, particularly since Mr A and I bought our first house in April 2010. My life has since become full of weekends of DIY, decorating and research into interior design. During the week I am a high school art teacher. I love my profession and I am passionate about building my students self-confidence through art. The other member of our family is our Manchester Terrier, Ringo. He is a crazy little man, who loves to sleep during the day and terrorise us at night.
I will be posting DIY projects from around my house, interior design inspiration, before and afters, my (poor) attempts at gardening, photography, art, dog things and other bits and bobs. 
To start off- here is a bunch of pics which might give you an insight into what’s to come!
 Just a taste of some of the decorating in our little fibro house. This is part of the kitchen.

 One of my favourite shows from the genius that is Tina Fey... 30 Rock

 Turn ugly pine furniture into 'klassy' looking pieces

My experiments in photography. I am the new owner of a Canon 550d camera and I've found my photography lessons have improved since I started photographing myself. 

 This is what our house looked one week in after getting the keys... gross.

One of my favourite artists Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec... 

The hilarity that is The Inbetweeners... so wrong and yet so right.

Another one of my favourite artists, Gustav Klimt... my kids tell me every artist is my favourite haha...


I really don't know how often I will be posting- I guess I will have to see how crazy work gets this term and whether blogging suits me. My aim is at least a few times a week.

Till next time... 

1 comment:

  1. Hey - welcome to the bloggersphere Gemma! (Or blogosphere - have always been a bit unclear about the spelling...)

    ReplyDelete