Feb 12, 2011

For the love of navy.

This is an ode to navy blue. I would say this is one of my favourite colours, alongside red. One of the first design decisions I made in our house was the choice of curtains. I knew I wanted something sheer to let light through, but allow for privacy, but I also wanted something dark to block out the light and keep the rooms cool in summer and warm in winter. After pricing a few different options (I even considered venetians, but realised they wouldn't suit the style of our place), I decided to go with Merete in Navy Blue from Ikea. At the time these were $69.95 for each set- and with nine windows to furnish, it wasn't going to be cheap. In addition to the Merete, we decided on the Vivan for the white sheer curtain to sit behind. It's definitely one decision that I am still pleased with, and navy has now influenced many choices within our house.

Here are some inspirational pics showcasing my love affair with the colour navy. Enjoy.








This is one of my all time favourite pics- I think its the use of primary colours- red, yellow and blue. I also have a thing for union jack pillows...drool

This is from the TV show The Block- one of my favourite rooms. We used this colour on our kitchen feature wall. 



Once our bedroom wardrobes are finally installed I think I will be seriously considering a navy feature wall in our bedroom. Not to mention some ikea-malm-bed-hacking and some makeover bedside tables (which I still need to find). I've often heard that main bedrooms are always the last to get done- and yet we spend so much time in there! Albeit with our eyes closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment