Mar 19, 2011

Bedroom developments...

Long time no blog...again. It's funny how I wanted to start this to boost my creativity and keep me sane over the school term, when in fact I have just been to exhausted to do or think anything. We are now about to go into week eight of term one and I couldn't be more grateful.

However, lets move onto more interesting things- our wardrobes are finally (!) being installed on Monday morning. I cannot tell you how excited I am for this momentous moment in our houses history! In our master bedroom I have moved our extremely tall, large and dark Malm chest of drawers and we just have to do some spack filling on the wall where the robe will be installed. The reason for the spack filling is a result from the insane bathroom renovation on the other side of the wall- and the amount of wall bending/shifting that went on. (More about that another day). In the spare room I have moved a whole heap of my old paintings from uni days and a heap of other junk, into the back lounge room/dining room. We will still need to move the two racks of clothes into the same room, but we'll hold off until Sunday. They have said they will take only a day, but now having dealt with tradies a few times, I am definitely NOT getting my hopes up!

 We have decided to paint the bedroom wall behind our bed in a grey- to match our new bedding. We were going to go with Simone Weil Grey, but after a while of having the paint chip taped up on the wall, we felt it was too blue.That's the problem with many greys- their either too blue or too red. Anyway, I just found this other Dulux grey- Malay Grey. I think it is more neutral in terms of being blue/red and I think it is dark enough to make a statement with the white picture rail and the white walls/white robe. So I'm thinking I might paint it tomorrow, before the robes are installed, and it should only take 2-3 coats which wont take long at all.

Malay Grey, Dulux

Our bedding- just so you get an idea of what it will look like in front of the feature wall.

In terms of bed head- I am definitely going to DIY a bedhead, and I think I am going to do for a yellow colour, as I just love grey and yellow together. This is a great tutorial by Grace at Design Sponge.
I don't think we will make ours this sort of shape, perhaps just a rectangle. I know that upholstering a shape like this is a little difficult. So I will need to head off to the fabric shop to find a nice yellow fabric- maybe a linen or something durable and thick. Then it will be off to Bunnings for some MDF and Clark Rubber for some thick foam. Maybe next weekend!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment